Thomas Cook Travel Money Online
This service is provided by Thomas Cook Retail Limited and is only available to UK residents who hold a credit or debit card that is issued in the United Kingdom with a United Kingdom billing address.
These terms and conditions explain how the service works, our obligations to you and also your obligations to us.
In these terms and conditions:
- online means access to the services through the Internet.
- personal information is the information that we collect when we provide you with the service including any application form, correspondence, e-mails, telephone calls, through the Internet and the credit or debit card transactions.
- service means those services set out below.
- site means the internet site through which you have accessed the service.
- we, us, our means Thomas Cook Retail Limited.
- working day means Monday to Friday excluding Bank and public holidays.
- you, your means the purchaser of any foreign banknotes.
- The service is provided by us online.
- Orders placed are subject to the minimum of £200 per order and a maximum of £2,500 calculated in Sterling.
- To protect against fraud, we apply certain limits to the total value that may be ordered by you or from your billing address. We reserve the right to decline or cancel any order if these limits are breached and in this event will notify you accordingly.
- Payment will only be accepted in Sterling.
- There are some limitations on the denominations of the bank notes and travellers cheques that we can supply and we will quote for the nearest available amount to your request.
- The rate of exchange applied on the site is calculated to a number of decimals places and will be rounded up to the nearest penny.
- We only sell those foreign currency banknotes appearing on the site and availability is indicated when you select a currency on the order page.
- If your preferred currency is not available online please contact your local Thomas Cook store. To locate your nearest store click here.
|Order confirmed||Order delivered|
|Before 2pm - Monday to Thursday||Next working day before 1pm*|
|After 2pm - Monday to Wednesday||Second working day before 1pm*|
|After 2pm Thursday and before 2pm Friday||Saturday or Monday before 1pm (Saturday deliveries are not guaranteed)|
|After 2pm - Friday and anytime Saturday or Sunday||Tuesday before 1pm**|
|*Working day means Monday to Friday excluding Bank and public holidays (and for the avoidance of doubt there are no deliveries on a Sunday or public holidays).|
|**Where Monday is a Bank Holiday your order will be delivered on the Wednesday.|
|Your order will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery and is subject to Royal Mail’s Special Delivery conditions (a copy of which is available from Royal Mail upon request).|
|We may not be able to guarantee deliveries to certain remote places within the United Kingdom.|
- You may select a specific working day for delivery of your order up to 14 days in advance.
- Saturday deliveries are not guaranteed.
- All foreign currency and travellers cheques are sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery or other courier unless we advise you otherwise and only to your credit or debit card billing address.
- A signature will be required on delivery.
- If you fail to accept delivery for any reason and wish the order to be resent you will have to pay additional delivery charges.
- In the event that you are not at home to sign for the delivery, your order will be available for collection from the local Post Office or Royal Mail Sorting Office. Full details, including the address, telephone number and opening times will be left when Royal Mail attempt to deliver your order.
- Collection from a Post Office - Should you have to collect your Travel Money from the Post Office, you will be expected to provide appropriate proof of identification before your order is released. We recommend that you take your passport.
- If, at any time, we have any grounds for suspecting this service is being used fraudulently by any person, we reserve the right to cancel and/or intercept the delivery of any order to the billing address given, and by using this service you consent to our right to do so.
Confirmation of Order
- When you place an order online we recommend that you print off a copy of the order form that will contain details of your order number and confirmation of the purchases you have made.
- You will also be sent an email confirmation of the order to the email address that you provide.
- You will also be sent an order confirmation with your order.
- The entry on your credit or debit card statement will appear as "Travel Money".
- If there is any discrepancy on your card or bank statements please contact your card issuer and us immediately.
- The charges for delivering your order will appear in the online quote and order summary.
- You will not be charged a card handling fee if you choose to pay by Maestro, MasterCard® Debit or Visa Debit Cards.
- We are charged a fee where customers choose to pay by MasterCard Credit Card or Visa Credit Card, therefore if you wish to pay by MasterCard Credit Card or Visa Credit Card, we will charge a card handling fee of 1.5% of the order value (min £4.00 - max £15.00). This will be shown within your order summary as a “Credit Card handling fee”. Your Credit Card issuer / provider may charge a “Cash handling fee”; please check the terms and conditions of your agreement. Any additional charge will not appear on your order total but will appear on your card statement
- The total sum payable by you will be shown in your order summary.
Replacements and Returns
- If you do not receive your order because of a fault on our part or it is incorrect, we will send you a replacement. You agree to return the original order (if received) to us by Royal Mail Special Delivery within 14 days. We will reimburse the postage to you.
- If we provide a replacement order and the original order is received by you and not returned within 14 days we reserve the right to charge you for the replacement order.
- If the value of the foreign currency or travellers cheques is, in error, greater than that ordered you will return the excess to us by Royal Mail Special Delivery within 14 days and we will reimburse the postage to you.
- If you have not received your order, are travelling imminently and need the delivery as a matter of urgency then we will try to make alternative arrangements including collection from one of our airport retail outlets.
- This delivery service will be provided at our cost where the delay in delivery or any error is our fault. If the delay is not our fault then we reserve the right to make an additional charge.
- If you fail to accept delivery, or fail to collect your order from the Royal Mail you will be provided with a refund. However, the amount refunded to your credit or debit card will be calculated at the exchange rate applicable at the date of the processing of the refund, not the rate used at the date of your order, and any credit card handling charge and delivery charges will not be refunded in these circumstances.
Import and Export Regulations
- We make reasonable efforts to advise you on the site of currency restrictions which apply in certain countries but we accept no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.
- These may also change between the placing of the order and your going abroad.
Travellers Cheques Purchase and Refund Conditions
If you buy travellers cheques, you will be subject to the purchase and refund conditions set by the issuer. If your travellers cheques are lost or stolen, the issuer will only refund their face value if you have complied with their conditions
- If we need to contact you we will use the e-mail or other contact details as advised by you.
- You will be asked to provide us with your home landline telephone number which we require for security purposes.
Contacting us by phone
- If you need to contact us with regard to your order, call Customer Services on 0845 246 4353. We may ask questions to confirm your identity.
- For your security and to ensure the quality of our service to you, calls to us are recorded and may be monitored.
Your Personal Information
(important information about your privacy)
- By using the service you consent to us processing your personal information under these terms and conditions.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to keep personal information secure and protect it under our security policies and procedures.
- We restrict access to your personal information only to those people who require it to provide the services and to check for money laundering, any legal compliance and fraud prevention.
- We will share your personal details with our business partner, Travelex Limited ("Travelex"). For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, we and Travelex shall be data controllers in common in relation to your personal data. Travelex may use your personal data for statistical and other administrative purposes only.
- Personal information will not be shared or used for any other purpose except as stated above unless we are required, or permitted to do so, as a result of any governmental laws and regulations, by a court order or to any business or persons to whom we transfer our rights and obligations under this agreement.
- You are entitled to ask us as a controller of the data to supply you with any personal information that we hold about you by writing to Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ England. We will delete any incorrect information or correct any errors in any of the personal data that come to our notice. You may ask Buy Foreign Currency Now to do the same in respect of the personal information that it holds about you.
Limiting Our Liability
(This is important and you should read this paragraph carefully).
- We will not be liable to you:
- If we are unable to perform any of our obligations because of something outside our reasonable control.
- For any failure on the part of the Royal Mail or any other person through whom we send your order to deliver on time.
- Loss of information or unauthorised use of data arising as a result of you using encryption systems below our recommended level.
- Any failure by you to provide us with correct information when you order.
- Our maximum liability to you in respect of each use of the service for a travel money order shall be limited to a sum equal to the total purchase price of the travel money order.
- Nothing will limit our liability to you for death or personal injury arising out of our negligence or our fraudulent misrepresentation or misstatement or affect your statutory rights.
As your order is processed with payment authorisation from your credit or debit card issuer on order, and we prepare your order within one working day and delivery takes place within two working days, it is not possible for you to cancel your order once it has been placed with us. The only exception to this is in the event of the currency requested not being available or:
- if we reasonably suspect that your foreign currency order has been placed for speculative gain, investment or business purposes; or
- if there have been significant fluctuations in the exchange rate market following the placing of your foreign currency order.
All credit and debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment your order will not be accepted
3D Secure is a payment verification protocol used by major credit card companies, branded as 'MasterCard SecureCode' and 'Verified by Visa' to prevent credit card fraud.
Depending on the card issuer, 3D Secure is an opt-out option or a required service for using the card to make internet purchases. Cards registered with 3D Secure require the user to enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) code. This is not the same PIN code issued with the card.
3D Secure verifies the card details provided by you. The system is completely automated and we do not store any of the data provided by the 3D Secure system.
Transferring Our Rights
We may assign our rights and benefits under these terms and conditions at any time, which will not affect your legal rights.
Third Party Rights
Nothing in these terms and conditions will confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any term under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
These terms and conditions shall be read and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute arising from the use of the service shall be resolved exclusively in the English Courts
If you think we have made a mistake in your order please
contact us by telephone on
0845 246 4353.
If you are dissatisfied with the standard of service you receive or your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, please contact us by e-mail at FEsupport.CR4@Thomascook.com or write to us at Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ. We will try to resolve any problems within 7 days.
As an online customer you have the right to raise any unresolved complaints via the EU Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution platform, an alternative dispute resolution body will be appointed to deal with your complaint, please use the following link: Online Dispute Resolution
Peterborough Business Park
Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ
|Print Close this window|